REX Soft Clouds
REX Soft Clouds is the new volumetric-like soft cloud texture add-on for FSX, PREPAR3D and FSX:Steam Edition. This soft cloud pack gives a true volumetric feel to your flight simulator clouds.
REX Soft Clouds realistically enhances the FSX, FSX-Steam Edition and Prepar3D cloud environment. This package is compiled from years of feedback from current REX customers to meet a specific demand! You will also truly experience volumetric haze and fog as never before seen within a flight simulator environment.
REX Soft Clouds is tailored to low and high-end systems alike. You may easily switch between simulator preference (FSX, FSX-Steam Edition, Prepar3D) and is fully network capable.
For the FS9 version, please see here.
User Manual LEARN More Buy Now
- Better in-cloud lightning representation.
- 512 cloud textures, compiled into 16 full sets. (High definition textures will be released when ready as a free update to all Soft Clouds users)
- A large, easy to read user-interface.
- Lightning-fast texture installation.
- Ability to auto-start simulator after texture injection.
- Network capable.
- Unique types of cloud base structures.
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
- REX Soft Clouds takes advantage of the new DX11 technology, as well as providing for DX9 and DX10.
- Built-in check for updates feature.
- Easily switch between simulator preference (FSX, FSX-Steam Edition, Prepar3D).
- HDR option included for Prepar3D!
- There are texture options for 32bit and DXT5 (for low-end systems).
Current REX users will recognize the realism and quality synonymous with REX products in an all new experience.
Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
Compatible with FSX, FSX:Steam Edition, and Prepar3D!
REX Soft Clouds supports Microsoft FSX,FSX:Steam Edition and Prepar3D. It is also DX9, DX10 and DX11 compliant. You may easily switch between simulator preference.
A large, easy to read user-interface. Oh, and texture installation is lightning fast!
REX Soft Cloud textures install into the simulator instantly. Once click and you're off! The modern user interface is large, easy to navigate and highly legible.
EXTREMELY frame-rate friendly!
REX Soft Clouds contains FPS critical files, optimizing the flight simulator environment.
There are texture options for 32bit or DXT5 for higher to low-end systems!
Built-in Auto Update feature!
The built-in Auto Update technology allows REX Simulations to quickly, effectively and effortlessly deliver periodic and crucial updates to our customers.
I immediately noted the improvement to the 'look' of the clouds. During my many flights I experienced some excellent ground fog effects, and cloud layers I flew through had a real 'fluffy' feel. As you fly through various cloud conditions you will begin to notice the softening of the clouds you had not seen before. For me, this has proved to be one of the best purchases I have made! REX have ensured, that if you have a top-end or towards the bottom end of performance computer, you will still see a marked difference in the cloud environment. Now that is truly amazing. In my experience REX enhancements have not had any diverse negative frame rate reduction hits, just massively enhanced clouds effects. A MUST! - Nigel C. Martin