REX Soft Clouds FS9 Edition
REX Soft Clouds FS9 Edition is the new volumetric-like soft cloud texture add-on for FS9 (FS2004). This soft cloud pack gives a true volumetric feel to your flight simulator clouds!
This package is compiled from years of feedback from current REX customers to meet a specific demand! REX Soft Clouds FS9 realistically enhances the FS9/FS2004 cloud environment. You will also truly experience better haze and fog generation.
REX Soft Clouds FS9 is fully network capable.
For the FSX/Prepar3D version, please see here.
- Better in-cloud lightning representation.
- 512 cloud textures, compiled into 16 full sets. (High definition textures will be released when ready as a free update to all Soft Clouds users)
- A large, easy to read user-interface.
- Lightning-fast texture installation.
- Ability to auto-start simulator after texture injection.
- Network capable.
- Unique types of cloud base structures.
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
- Built-in check for updates feature.
- Texture options for 32bit and DXT3 (for low-end systems).
Current REX users will recognize the realism and quality synonymous with REX products in an all new experience.
Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
EXTREMELY frame-rate friendly!
REX Soft Clouds contains FPS critical files, optimizing the flight simulator environment.
There are texture options for 32bit or DXT3 for higher to low-end systems!
A large, easy to read user-interface. Oh, and texture installation is lightning fast!
REX Soft Cloud textures install into the simulator instantly. Once click and you're off! The modern user interface is large, easy to navigate and highly legible.
Built-in Auto Update feature!
The built-in Auto Update technology allows REX Simulations to quickly, effectively and effortlessly deliver periodic and crucial updates to our customers.
I immediately noted the improvement to the 'look' of the clouds. During my many flights I experienced some excellent ground fog effects, and cloud layers I flew through had a real 'fluffy' feel. As you fly through various cloud conditions you will begin to notice the softening of the clouds you had not seen before. For me, this has proved to be one of the best purchases I have made! REX have ensured, that if you have a top-end or towards the bottom end of performance computer, you will still see a marked difference in the cloud environment. Now that is truly amazing. In my experience REX enhancements have not had any diverse negative frame rate reduction hits, just massively enhanced clouds effects. A MUST! - Nigel C. Martin