REX Texture Direct And Soft Clouds Bundle
REX Texture Direct is an integrated global environment texture utility and effects add-on. REX Soft Clouds is the NEW volumetric-like soft cloud texture add-on which gives a true volumetric feel to your flight simulator clouds.
Tailored to low AND high-end systems, REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds is comprised of over 16GB of material ranging from standard resolution to high-definition choices.
REX Texture Direct takes advantage of the core features of the flight simulator and enhancing them to a new level. Compiled from years of feedback from current REX users, all facets of the program include desired features, effects, sounds and textures. With REX Soft Clouds, you will truly experience volumetric haze and fog as never before seen within a flight simulator environment. You may easily switch between simulator preference (FSX, FSX-Steam Edition, Prepar3D versions 1, 2 and 3) and is fully network capable.
User Manual LEARN More Buy Now
Texture Direct FEATURES
- All NEW textures... over 16,000 files! (16 GB).
- Intellectually Synced Texture Engine works hand-in-hand with REX4 Weather Direct and REX4 Weather Architect.
- Enhanced algorithms.
- Lightning fast texture installation (Installing textures into the simulator is lightning fast; in most instances this process takes less than 5 seconds to load a full suite of replacement textures!)
- Network capable.
- Ability to select and install textures individually and/or create custom 'themes' to install a full suite of textures instantly.
- Rating system for shared themes.
- Ability for users to select weather scenarios or enter airport code to have texture themes generated based upon weather conditions.
- Ability to auto start simulator after texture injection.
- New unique types of cloud base structures.
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
- High-level clouds, including Cirrus, Cirrostratus and Cirrocumulus.
- 14 types of lightning: IC, CC and CG.
- Worldwide tropical water classification fix, eliminating most of the repetitive texture tiling effect. Water boundaries blend much more realistically.
- Water textures and wave animations compliant with DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Ultra-realistic airport environments made from custom, high-definition aerial photography.
- Give ALL default airports in FSX and Prepar3D the payware-style treatment, from light to heavy use runways, taxiways and pavement markings! Highly detailed textures, including runway textured lighting encasements. Originating from HD source photography, runway tire markings are properly scaled within the simulator creating a more realistic viewpoint. Runways with light or heavy wear... your choice, over 32 to choose from, the highest definition textures with the most fidelity on the market.
- The tire marking build-up is fascinating when using the heavy use runway option. Many types of runway grooving and material selection.
- Runway lighting encasement textures added to runways to give more depth and a more properly scaled feel.
- FINALLY, dirty and soiled runway markings at all airport runways worldwide! No more blown out white marks interfering with your immersion.
- Runway markings now support larger aircraft such as the Boeing 777.
- 28 amazingly detailed taxiways developed from all types of concrete, asphalt and bitumen.
- Runway and taxiway detailed planar bump-map effects.
- Spectacular terrain bump-mapping effects, modeled from different materials. Support for ORBX airports.
- High-definition taxiway markings with extreme clarity.
- Beautiful photo-realistic skies sampled from many locations around the world. HDR texture option included for Prepar3D versions 2 and 3!
- Properly balanced terrain light and shadow values during dawn and dusk.
- Smoother transitional algorithms during dawn and dusk times.
- Realistic corresponding haze layer values when encountering the proper WX.
- 23 types of runway edge and taxiway lighting, some with simulated ground glow.
- Extremely detailed and enhanced ground rain effect.
- Realistic dirty airport parking and jetway marks.
- Easy to read, enhanced airport signage. Different lighting conditions dictate the range of colors from yellow to orange and red to amber. A wonderful shiny finish with matte black backings.
- Sun, corona, glow, flares and special effects, giving the most realistic renditions of atmospheric conditions. Panning around your aircraft at different angles during beginning or end of day will yield just how dynamic these effects can be. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11!
- With REX leading the way in water rendering, the new tech built into REX Texture Direct will leave you speechless. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Environment sound effects. Jaw-dropping in/out cockpit precipitation and thunder sounds.
Soft Clouds FEATURES
- 512 cloud textures, compiled into 16 full sets
- A large, easy to read user-interface
- Lightning-fast texture installation
- Ability to auto-start simulator after texture injection
- Network capable
- Unique types of cloud base structures
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus
- REX Soft Clouds takes advantage of the new DX11 technology as seen in Prepar3D versions 2 and 3, as well as providing for DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Built-in check for updates feature
- Easily switch between simulator preference (FSX, FSX-Steam Edition, Prepar3D version 1, 2 and 3)
- HDR option included for Prepar3D version 2 and 3!
- There are texture options for 32bit and DXT5 (for low-end systems)
Current REX users will recognize the realism and quality synonymous with REX products in an all new experience.
Fidelity is much more inherent due to higher definition source material and yields a top quality end result, even at lower resolution settings. Texture Direct also features the latest technology and state-of-the-art features for a mind-blowing experience.
A large, easy to read user-interface. Oh, and texture installation is lightning fast!
Select and install textures individually and/or create custom 'themes' to install a full suite of textures instantly.
Powerful new theme protocols: Local, Weather or Community, where users have the ability to share texture sets with others. Select weather scenarios or airport codes in order to have texture themes generated based upon weather conditions. Auto-start simulator option built-in. There's a built in system notification area advising you of critical program feedback, update alerts or shared themes.
Powerful back end server technology is the foundation for the NEW cloud based theme-controlled center.
Control the creation or auto-creation of texture based themes. Save, install, delete or share these themes with fellow REX users around the world. Utilize a new system to rate themes, thus interacting with other users for a roadmap to success. Records are stored within 'banks' and may be accessed by simply navigating or filtering database results, as well as using a search utility.
WEATHER THEMES – A NEW concept using an Intelligent Synopsis protocol.
Select a desired ICAO code location, and Texture Direct will fetch the current METAR, which in turn generates a graphical synopsis based on the results. REX then generates textures based on this overview. From here you may save or share these conditions with the rest of the REX user community via the cloud servers.
Tailored to low AND high-end systems, REX Texture Direct is comprised of over 16GB of material ranging from standard resolution to high-definition choices.
Sun and lens flare special effects, allowing realistic renditions of atmospheric conditions.
Panning around your aircraft at different angles during beginning or end of day will yield just how dynamic these effects can be. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11!
Compatible with FSX, FSX:Steam Edition, Prepar3D versions 1, 2 and 3!
REX Texture Direct supports Microsoft FSX,FSX:Steam Edition, Prepar3D versions 1, 2 and 3 and is fully DX9, DX10 and DX11 compliant. You may easily switch between simulator preference.
Includes true environment and weather-related sound effects.
We went through great lengths to maintain a certain 'sound' through a meticulous mastering process. REX Simulations owns and operates a full-fledged recording studio and mastering facility using state-of-the-art equipment. This capability allows us to bring the sound experience to you! The dynamic sounds of rain, wind and thunder will blow you away.
A comprehensive Configuration Manager allowing you to tailor for your specific needs!
Texture Direct automatically reads the system registry to locate the application folders and auto-populates the flight simulator folder locations.
A great facility built within Texture Direct is the option to auto-start your weather engine of choice. Within this section you can also create an account in order to take advantage of the online capabilities inside REX 4.
Backup and Restore functions!
Backing up and restoring critical files is important and easy to do within REX 4 Texture Direct!
Install FPS critical files, allowing you to optimize texture selections prior to replacing flight simulator files. Texture resolutions can be selected between 512, 1024, 2048, and 4096 textures (HD).
There are texture options for 32bit, DXT5 or DXT1, from high to low-end systems!
Options! Take control.
The Texture Install Configuration allows you to control which textures are installed into FSX or Prepar3D.
Weather Architect/Direct Integration - This new option enables the ability for Weather Architect and/or Weather Direct to communicate with Texture Direct and vice versa, without having to physically open Texture Direct.
Built-in Auto Update feature!
The built-in Auto Update technology allows REX Simulations to quickly, effectively and effortlessly deliver periodic and crucial updates to our customers.
I immediately noted the improvement to the 'look' of the clouds. During my many flights I experienced some excellent ground fog effects, and cloud layers I flew through had a real 'fluffy' feel. As you fly through various cloud conditions you will begin to notice the softening of the clouds you had not seen before. For me, this has proved to be one of the best purchases I have made! REX have ensured, that if you have a top-end or towards the bottom end of performance computer, you will still see a marked difference in the cloud environment. Now that is truly amazing. In my experience REX enhancements have not had any diverse negative frame rate reduction hits, just massively enhanced clouds effects. A MUST! - Nigel C. Martin